Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

true friendship

"in prosperity, friends know us, but in adversity, we know friends". this anonymous means so much to me. living our life as a diplomat's wife actually has made us both less fortunate and fortunate in terms of friendship. yes, we could be less fortunate with the fact that diplomatic life has moved us away far from friends and family to a distant land. communication is very much hampered, and despite the impressive communication technology offered by Skype,FB, Twitters, BLOGGER sites etc, no virtual telecommunication technology could ever best replace a true human communication, flesh in flesh! we could be unlucky too because chances are, we do get fake friendship which is built based on power, and popularity instead of love and trust.

nevertheless, it's this diplomatic life that opens up some other unexpected beautiful friendships to us. leaving away in a different community is a premium because now friendships transcent religion, and nationality. we might find ourselves grieving over the lost of many good friends, but God has a better plan for us. i myself, have been blessed with many new substitutions and though the cycle of friendship might be shorter due to my brief stay in a land afar from home, this means a world to me. here they are, new friends who are willing to lend their ears, share their happiness, laughter as well as our sadness and tears. here they are, those who used to be complete strangers but now touch our heart with their kindness. here they are, those who make our days and who walk to us when the rest don't even want to see. these are the people whom have been our friends here, but we would love to keep and seal them in our heart forever.

i still and will lament the loss of these friends. but, i truly understand separation is always a part of friendship package. people say if we love someone we should let it go. If he or she comes back go us, he or she is ours. but in diplomatic friendship reality, chances is, we most probably hardly see these friends again. keep loving them though and be grateful to Him for beautiful friendship itself is a rare and expensive gift . a gift that fills the void, colour our each day and keep our sanity while we are making sense of our temporary life abroad.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Just me, very interesting posting.
    I enjoyed reading your eloquent posting.
    I guess being the wife of a Diplomat, you sure must have travelled, been posted to many countries.

    And yes, friends sometimes better than relatives, ha ha.
    You have a pleasant week and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uncle Lee,

    Thanks for your encouraging words. Glad you like my post and yes, i do share the same sentiment sometimes he3x.have visited your blog too. You're brilliant and naughty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Just me, Thank you for the walk on water compliments, ha ha.
    Would like you to drop the 'uncle'....just 'Lee' will do.
    Have a nice day, keep well. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TNX for this blog. I myself am going to a colder country with my spouse and except it is killing my carrier and taking me away from my loved ones I am a bit scared to spend my life without doing by my own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would really like exchanging some mails with you, is that possible?
    Tnaks!

    Dahiana

    ReplyDelete